Key Program Points
Services are almost always paid for by Medicare and other insurances, including HMO's. We bill them directly
· Training is provided in the home.
· Services are provided in one on one sessions by specially trained occupational therapists
· We help patient in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island
Ways we can help Low Vision Patients live Independently:
· Teach ways to manage your medications
· Organize your living areas so things are easier to find
· Teach safe ways to cook
· Teach new ways to help you manage your personal care
· Teach you new ways to make reading and writing easier
· Teach you techniques to help you manage money
· Do a safety assessment of your home environment
How it works:
· Your doctor will refer you to the Visions of Independence program if you are interested.
· We will call you to arrange a home visit at your convenience.
· During this visit, you will determine the things that are most important for you to learn.
· The therapist will work with you on your goals over a number of visits.
· Family members are welcome in all training sessions.